20100608

Why the TV Show House Bugs Me

The plot of every episode is as follows: someone comes into the hospital with a baffling ailment.  House and his medical team spend the entire episode trying to solve the problem, but don't really get anywhere.  House is condescending and cranky.  At the end of the episode, someone says something random from which House solves the problem.

I suppose there are more shows that follow such a strict formula; however, whenever I watch House anymore in the back of my mind I know that the episode will unfold as I described above; that really takes the fun out of it.  Even on Law and Order you don't know what the ending will be.  Harrumph.

1 comment:

  1. have you ever watched the old show Jeeves and Wooster where Hugh Laurie plays Wooster? You can find some episodes on YouTube. It's interesting to see the same mannerisms in Wooster that you see in House. But J&W is much better.

    ReplyDelete