20110307

Getting Rid of My Books


Over the past couple months I have started getting rid of my books.  Here are my reasons:
  • I like using my Amazon Kindle for books now.  It is more convenient for reading.
  • Physical books take up space and collectively are quite heavy.
  • Some of my books are still worth money.  I have taken a bunch of books on my shelf that I probably will never read again and have put them up for sale on the Internet.  At this point in my life, I would rather have the money than a thing just taking up space.
  • An e-book will last longer.  There is no wear and tear with an electronic file.  My electronic device may be replaced over the years, but I can still use the same e-books forever.
However, I do have quite a few physical books on my shelves that I still need to read.  I'm doing my best to read them in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment