20110502

Tinkering

Over the past while I have been distracted from blogging because I have spent too much time "tinkering". In a nutshell, I like messing around with my computerized devices to see how I can customize them. The past while I have gone overboard. Recently I have rooted my Android phone, unlocked my Chrome notebook, and I have been playing around with different Linux distributions for my laptops. When I get interested in something, it is easy for me to go overboard. I will hopefully resist the urge to tinker too much so that I can get back to doing other things.

2 comments:

  1. I heard you put Ubuntu on your chromebook. How has that worked for you? Which version did you use? Have you noticed any quirks or stability issues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did put Ubuntu on my Chrome Notebook. I have been pleased with it. I installed 10.10 at first, and then I upgraded to the latest stable version, 11.04. It seems that the whole experience is just as fast as with the Chrome OS, which is surprising since Ubuntu is a full operating system. Ubuntu even detected bluetooth capability, which I was not aware I had with the Chrome OS setup. I haven't had any real stability issues. It basically is a lightweight, full-fledged laptop now.

    ReplyDelete