20101028

Why Is Everyone Hating on LeBron?

In looking at the comments posted on the new LeBron Nike ad, I see that most people have negative things to say.  I posted about LeBron a couple posts ago, but I have more to say about it.

I am getting to the point of my schooling where I am now thinking about my different career options.  I want so much to make a good decision.  As I go throughout the process of exploring careers and ultimately finding a job, I know that ultimately I need to do what's best for me and my newly-formed family.  If I wanted to do something high paying and low stress but that takes me away from the work I have been doing for the past few years, I am not going to feel ashamed about leaving that to "sell out."  If I made a huge life decision based on not wanting to "let people down" by choosing a career that they think I should choose, then I am really only letting myself down.

I see a parallel with this experience and that of famous athlete Lebron James.  He simply picked the team where he thought he would be best off.  He did let a lot of people down in Cleveland, but if he would have stayed there he would have let himself down.  For the Cleveland fans: it's only sports; it's a for fun thing; it's not as if LeBron committed a crime or some immoral act; it doesn't matter that much.  For LeBron: it's his job for the next few years; it's where his family is going to live; it matters quite a bit.

As far as being Dwayne Wade's sidekick, I watched the game with the Celtics the other night and it looked more like Dwayne Wade was Lebron's sidekick in that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment