20101101

A Better Way to Study

I recently read the free ebook Holistic Learning from this site. It talks about a way to study which is different from brute-force memorization. I thought it was interesting because it describes how I naturally study. In retrospect, because I studied this way, I feel like I have cut down on the amount of time I have had to study many times over. I have observed many friends and acquaintances who have studied very hard for things, whereas for some reason I have always had a lot of free time. When finals came around especially, I studied very sparingly while others slaved over their work. When grades came out, I did well whereas my friends didn't always do well.

I have wondered about this from time to time. How do such hard working people not figure out how to get an A? This book implies that it is not necessarily because they weren't smart, it is because they didn't know how to study. Actually, I know many people who I know to be very smart who for some reason spend a lot more time studying than I do but who probably go about their studying the wrong way.

I feel like if those friends only knew that there's an easier way they would have a much less stressful life.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

1 comment:

  1. This, and the fact that you are a genius. ;)

    ReplyDelete